There are times I get so bogged down with life, I completely lose inspiration for writing or anything that could be considered creative. I have been in this place for a few weeks now, as you can see by my sparse posts. Well, I am attempting to reenergize my creative side. I even purchased Chicken Soup for the Writer’s Soul to find inspiration. Great book to help rekindle the writer’s soul!
Well, I had some time to catch up on reading other blogs and found some great resources for those times you need some “rekindling.” (However, the Chicken Soup book is also a good resource.)
1. 10 Sure-Fire Headline Formulas that Work - These are great ideas for titles to catch a reader’s attention.
2. Creative Writing Idea – These ideas apply more to fiction writing, but can be helpsul to get the mind thinking!
3. Get Into It – A simple website with ideas on not only what to do when you have writer’s block, but what NOT to do.
4. Writing.com – Abundant resource to connect with other writers and maintain a writing profile.
5. 50 Ways for Writers to Find Article Ideas – Lots of practical tips to help spark ideas for articles/blog posts.
6. 31 ways to find Inspiration for Your Writing – A list of ideas that help with writing inspiration from Write to Done.
7. How Writing Can be Like Hot Sex: 17 Hot Tips – How to reach potential for mind-blowing writing (possibly).
8. How to Find Inspiration to Write Everyday – Tips for article writing everyday.
9. The Benefits of Keeping a Private Journal – Reasons for keeping a private journal for your uncensored thoughts.
10. Breaking Writer’s Block – Simple tips on how to break through writer’s block.
11. Do You Recognize These 10 Mental Blocks to Creative Thinking? - Barriers that may suppress our creative abilities.
12. A Dozen Online Writing Tips – Tips for writing online from CyberJournalist.net.
13. Mapping Out Writing Time: Finding Inspiration When You Least Expect It – Finding inspiration can happen in the most expected places – keep your eyes open.
14. Finding New Inspiration: New Words and Beyond – This post gives some tips when you are stuck for finding words.
15. Why You Should Stop Looking For Inspiration – CopyBlogger’s advice that says, ‘relax’ and stop putting so much pressure on finding inspiration.
I hope these are helpful. I think we could all use some fresh inspiration every now and again.